[Gluster-users] Issue installing Gluster on CentOS 7.2

Eric K. Miller emiller at genesishosting.com
Wed Apr 19 20:11:09 UTC 2017

We have a requirement to stay on CentOS 7.2 for a while (due to some
bugs in 7.3 components related to libvirt).  So we have the yum repos
set to CentOS 7.2, not 7.3.  When installing Gluster (latest version in
the repo, which turns out to be 3.8.10), a dependency exists for
firewalld-filesystem, which fails.  From what I have read,
firewalld-filesystem is only available in CentOS 7.3.

Has anyone else run into this?  Is there a workaround?  Or is this a bug
where we should consider installing an earlier version of Gluster?

I'm new to this list, so if there is a better list to post this issue
to, please let me know.

Thanks!

Eric