[Gluster-users] Working and up to date guide for ganesha ? nfs-ganesha gluster-ganesha

Travis Eddy travis at smartwareit.com
Tue Apr 4 17:54:09 UTC 2017

Thank you for the response.

I'm Pretty sure the problem is with the Gluster's NFS and how XenServer
interacts with it. As I feel like its not running in async mode. Everything
is at-least 10x faster using bland kernel NFS with the async option...
90+MB/sec (saturate gigabit) vs 5~7MB/sec I'm pretty sure there is a
default option in the gluster nfs that needs changing.

I tried the " nfs.trusted-sync off" option.
as well as the "tuned-adm profile rhgs-random-io " (which isn't aviable on
cent btw)
and using the gluster group virt and the redhat options

Is there another way to ensure the Gluster NFS sync is in async mode?

Also currently following the Gluster and Centos guides GlusterFS and
Ganesha isn't working.

I wish I could use oVirt but we can't sell oVirt to our customers :-/ (so
we don't use/test), the User Interface is to confusing for them. Also many
still have (alot :-( of ) Windows 7 VM's and its not as easy to do a
windows image restore/deploy on oVirt (due to the drivers) , XenServer
works better and is easier for the less tech inclined to use (Jr SysAdmins
and the like). I really wish RedHat/oVirt would keep that current
Industrial UI and build a second "iPhone user" friendly UI (like XenCenters
simple refined UI, it gives some exec's confidence in the software, as some
see oVirt and think of it as a 'ol MS product, similarly why they are
leaving VMWare ) .

Travis Eddy
Smartware IT - Number 2

Cell (texts welcome) - 703.981.5765