[Gluster-users] An Update on GlusterD-2.0

Vijay Bellur vbellur at redhat.com
Thu Sep 29 04:40:08 UTC 2016

On 09/22/2016 07:28 AM, Kaushal M wrote:
> The first preview/dev release of GlusterD-2.0 is available now. A
> prebuilt binary is available for download from the release-page[1].
>
> This is just a preview of what has been happening in GD2, to give
> users a taste of how GD2 is evolving.
>
> GD2 can now form a cluster, list peers, create/delete,(psuedo)
> start/stop and list volumes. Most of these will undergo changes and
> refined as we progress.
>
> More information on how to test this release can be found on the release page.
>
> We'll providing periodic (hopefully fortnightly) updates on the
> changes happening in GD2 from now on.

Thank you for posting this, Kaushal!

I was trying to add a peer using the gluster/gluster-centos docker
containers and I encountered the following error:

INFO[17533] New member added to the cluster               New member
=ETCD_172.17.0.3 member Id =b197797611650d60
INFO[17533] ETCD_NAME
ETCD_NAME=ETCD_172.17.0.3
INFO[17533] ETCD_INITIAL_CLUSTER
ETCD_INITIAL_CLUSTER=default=http://172.17.0.4:2380,ETCD_172.17.0.3=http://172.17.0.3:2380
INFO[17533] ETCD_INITIAL_CLUSTER_STATE"existing"
ERRO[17540] Failed to add peer into the etcd store        error=client:
etcd cluster is unavailable or misconfigured peer/node=172.17.0.3
ERRO[21635] Failed to add member into etcd cluster        error=client:
etcd cluster is unavailable or misconfigured member=172.17.0.3

What should be done to overcome this error?

Also noticed that there is a minor change in the actual response to
/version when compared with what is documented in the API guide. We
would need to change that.

-Vijay