[Gluster-users] 3.7.16 with sharding corrupts VMDK files when adding and removing bricks

Kevin Lemonnier lemonnierk at ulrar.net
Sat Nov 12 09:21:34 UTC 2016

>    Don't get me wrong but I'm seeing too many "critical" issues like file
>    corruptions, crashes or similiar recently
>    Is gluster ready for production?
>    I'm scared about placing our production VMs (more or less 80) on gluster,
>    in case of corruption I'll loose everything

We've had a lot of problems in the past, but at least for us 3.7.12 (and 3.7.15)
seems to be working pretty well as long as you don't add bricks. We started doing
multiple little clusters and abandonned the idea of one big cluster, had no
issues since :)

--
Kevin Lemonnier
PGP Fingerprint : 89A5 2283 04A0 E6E9 0111