[Gluster-users] What I noticed while upgrading 3.7.6 to 3.7.8

ML mail mlnospam at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 28 11:18:25 UTC 2016

Hi,

I just upgraded from 3.7.6 to 3.7.8 and noticed the following 2 points:

1) As others on the mailing list I am also affected by a massive performance drop on my FUSE mount. I used to have around 10 MB/s transfer, which is already quite slow, but now since the upgrade I am at around 2 MB/s as you can see below:

$ sudo dd if=/dev/zero of=bwtest bs=1M count=64
64+0 records in
64+0 records out
67108864 bytes (67 MB) copied, 37.9311 s, 1.8 MB/s

I know there is a bug (#1309462) already opened for that but just thought I would mention it too and hope that it will be fixed in 3.7.9.

2) I noticed that the ping-timeout option in /etc/glusterfs/glusterd.vol changed from 30 seconds to 0 seconds. Can someone comment on that change? and does this mean that with 0 seconds it never times out?

Regards
ML