[Gluster-users] Volume heal won't complete while I/O is running on v3.7.8

Anuradha Talur atalur at redhat.com
Wed Feb 24 11:53:25 UTC 2016

----- Original Message -----

Currently in EC there isn't a mechanism to detect the difference whether
files truly need heal or they *appear* to need heal due to the on-going I/O.
This is the reason why a file with I/O going on keeps showing up on heal info.

EC will provide a way to distinguish between these two scenario in future.

> *Example:
>

> *******************
>
> Brick N9:/export/IFT_lvol_VOIVAqzlWd/fs
>
> /_R at W_000
>
> Number of entries: 1

> When I/O is stopped on the file after hours, healing completes after a few
> seconds.
>
> Is the 'file changing' cause the healing endless?
>

> thanks

Thanks,
Anuradha.