[Gluster-users] Minutes of today's Gluster Community Bug Triage Meeting.

Manikandan Selvaganesh mselvaga at redhat.com
Tue Feb 23 13:03:34 UTC 2016

Hi all,

We had good number of participants in today's Gluster Bug Triage meeting. Thanks to
everyone who have attended it. Here are the minutes of today's meeting.

Meeting minutes:

Meeting ended Tue Feb 23 12:48:44 2016 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot .
Minutes: http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/gluster-meeting/2016-02-23/gluster_bug_triage.2016-02-23-12.00.html
Minutes (text): http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/gluster-meeting/2016-02-23/gluster_bug_triage.2016-02-23-12.00.txt
Log: http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/gluster-meeting/2016-02-23/gluster_bug_triage.2016-02-23-12.00.log.html

Meeting summary
---------------
* agenda: https://public.pad.fsfe.org/p/gluster-bug-triage  (Manikandan,
  12:00:29)
* Roll Call  (Manikandan, 12:00:38)

* Group Triage  (Manikandan, 12:06:38)
  * LINK: https://public.pad.fsfe.org/p/gluster-bugs-to-triage
    (Manikandan, 12:06:48)
  * LINK:
    http://gluster.readthedocs.org/en/latest/Contributors-Guide/Bug-Triage/
    (Manikandan, 12:07:00)
  * LINK: https://public.pad.fsfe.org/p/gluster-bugs-to-triage
    (Manikandan, 12:12:06)

* Open Floor  (Manikandan, 12:33:40)
  * We have reduced the backlogs to ~18 bugs  (Manikandan, 12:34:40)
  * Remember to setup bugzilla notifications:
    https://github.com/gluster/glusterdocs/blob/master/Developer-guide/Bugzilla%20Notifications.md
    (ndevos, 12:43:50)
  * ACTION: Scheduling moderators for Gluster Community Bug Triage
    meeting for a month  (Manikandan, 12:47:58)

Meeting ended at 12:48:44 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* Scheduling moderators for Gluster Community Bug Triage meeting for a
  month
* kkeithley_ will come up with a proposal to reduce the number of bugs
  against "mainline" in NEW state
* msvbhat  and ndevos need to think about and decide how to provide/use
  debug build.
* kkeithley_ will come up with a proposal to reduce the number of bugs
  against "mainline" in NEW state
* hagarth start/sync email on regular (nightly) automated tests
* msvbhat will look into using nightly builds for automated testing,
  and will report issues/success to the mailinglist
* msvbhat will look into lalatenduM's automated Coverity setup in Jenkins
  which    need assistance  from an admin with more permissions
* msvbhat  and ndevos need to think about and decide how to provide/use
  debug builds
* msvbhat  provide a simple step/walk-through on how to provide testcases
  for the nightly rpm tests
* ndevos to propose some test-cases for minimal libgfapi test
* Manikandan and Nandaja will keep updating on the bug automation workflow.

People Present (lines said)
---------------------------
* Manikandan (59)
* jiffin (38)