[Gluster-users] GlusterFS First Time

Gmail b.s.mikhael at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 19:51:05 UTC 2016

find my answers inline.

— Bishoy

> On Feb 11, 2016, at 11:42 AM, Atul Yadav <atulyadavtech at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> HI Team,
>

> I am totally new in Glusterfs and evaluating glusterfs for my requirement.
>
> Need your valuable input on achieving below requirement :-
> File locking
Gluster uses DLM for locking.
> Performance
It depends on your work load (is it small files big files, etc…), the number of drives and the kind of volume you create.
I suggest you start with just a Distributed Replicated volume and from that point you can plan for the hardware and software configuration.
> High Availability
I suggest replicating the bricks across the two nodes, as erasure coding with two nodes and a single drive on each one will not be of any benefit.