[Gluster-users] Makefile:90: *** missing separator (did you mean TAB instead of 8 spaces?). Stop.

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Wed Dec 14 06:00:45 UTC 2016

On Thu, Dec 08, 2016 at 12:31:58PM -0500, mabi wrote:
> So I do the following:
>
> $ cd glusterfs-3.8.6
> $ ./configure
> $ make
>
> Then I immediately get the error message I sent in my previous mail.
> I have attached the Makefile to this mail for your reference.
>
> If I do the exact same steps with glusterfs-3.7.17 it works perfectly...

If you check the Makefile around line 90 that gives the error, it should
explain what steps you need to do:

     89 build_triplet = It is not expected to execute this script. When you are building from a
     90 released tarball (generated with 'make dist'), you are expected to pass
     91 --build=... and --host=... to ./configure or replace this config.sub script in
     92 the sources with an updated version.

This was also mentioned in the release notes for the first 3.8 version
that was announced:

  https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/blob/release-3.8/doc/release-notes/3.8.0.md

HTH,
Niels