[Gluster-users] Some advice

Beard Lionel (BOSTON-STORAGE) lbeard at cls.fr
Fri Apr 1 08:15:33 UTC 2016

Hi,

Maybe I misunderstood, but, sure, you will have failover with CTDB + glusterfs.
Glusterfs allows you to have your shares replicated on several nodes, and CTDB manages VIP.
If one node goes down, its VIP goes to another node, and shares are still accessible thanks to glusterfs.

But, as CIFS is a stateful protocol, maybe you can have some issues with opened documents during a failover...
I have never tested CTDB with CIFS shares, only with NFS, and it is working nicely (but NFS is stateless)!

Lionel BEARD