[Gluster-users] Directory ctime/mtime not synced on node being healed

Ravishankar N ravishankar at redhat.com
Mon Nov 30 05:38:35 UTC 2015

On 11/28/2015 12:06 AM, Tom Pepper wrote:
> Recently, we lost a brick in a 4-node distribute + replica 2 volume.  The host was fine so we simply fixed the hardware failure, recreated the zpool and zfs, set the correct trusted.glusterfs.volume-id, restarted the gluster daemons on the host and the heal got to work.  The version running is 3.7.4 atop Ubuntu Trusty.
>
> However, we’ve noticed that directories are not getting created on the brick being healed with the correct ctime and mtime.  Files, however, are being set correctly.
This is a known issue. For files,  we update the atime and mtime on the
healed brick after the data self-heal is over. For directories, we are
currently not doing the same after entry self-heal. We could update the
a/m time for directories too. Could you raise a bug for this? For ctime
I don't think it is possible to 'set' it a given value in linux via
utimes() or any other syscall.

Thanks,
Ravi