[Gluster-users] Bad volume specification | Connection timeout

Punit Dambiwal hypunit at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 09:40:22 UTC 2015

Hi,

Hi All,

With the help of gluster community and ovirt-china community...my issue got
resolved...

The main root cause was the following :-

1. the glob operation takes quite a long time, longer than the ioprocess
default 60s..
2. python-ioprocess updated which makes a single change of configuration
file doesn't work properly, only because this we should hack the code
manually...

 Solution (Need to do on all the hosts) :-

 1. Add the the ioprocess timeout value in the /etc/vdsm/vdsm.conf file as
 :-

------------
[irs]
process_pool_timeout = 180
-------------

2. Check /usr/share/vdsm/storage/outOfProcess.py, line 71 and see whether
there is  still "IOProcess(DEFAULT_TIMEOUT)" in it,if yes...then changing
the configuration file takes no effect because now timeout is the third
parameter not the second of IOProcess.__init__().

3. Change IOProcess(DEFAULT_TIMEOUT) to
IOProcess(timeout=DEFAULT_TIMEOUT) and remove the
 /usr/share/vdsm/storage/outOfProcess.pyc file and restart vdsm and
supervdsm service on all hosts....

Thanks,
Punit Dambiwal