[Gluster-users] troubles installing Debian8 as qemu-kvm guest on glusterfs 3.5.4 HA storage volume, need help please!

Roman romeo.r at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 21:38:57 UTC 2015

Hi,

The debian 8.1 is released, but I've got still problems installing it as
qemu-kvm guest on glusterfs Replicated storage volume on all of my proxmox
servers. If I chose to raw disk image for virtual HDD, the installation
just takes ages. If I chose to qcow2 format, it stops the installation on
random step (most often is on choosing repository for installation. No
matter which I chose it says its not able to connect to it).

 If I wait long enough for installation to complete using raw file as
virtual storage and then boot the VM, everything is very-very slow.

If I create a template of this VM and then clone it, using qcow2 storage
type, the VM works faster, but it seems like every single binary is
corrupted (not able to install even apache and run some sh commands).

Using latest proxmox
pve-manager/3.4-6/102d4547
And just upgraded my glusterfs to 3.5.4 hoping for fixes :(

here is my volume info:

Volume Name: HA-1TB-S14A4F-pve
Type: Replicate
Volume ID: 8e01b955-f707-4cbf-812f-04d48b7f374f
Number of Bricks: 1 x 2 = 2
Transport-type: tcp
Bricks:
Brick1: stor1:/exports/S14A4F/1TB
Brick2: stor2:/exports/S14A4F/1TB
Options Reconfigured:
server.allow-insecure: on
network.ping-timeout: 3

and

root at stor1:~# cat /etc/glusterfs/glusterd.vol
volume management
    type mgmt/glusterd
    option working-directory /var/lib/glusterd
    option transport-type socket,rdma
    option transport.socket.keepalive-time 10
    option transport.socket.keepalive-interval 2
    option transport.socket.read-fail-log off
    option rpc-auth-allow-insecure on
end-volume

there is nothing usefull in log files.

Please consider installing an instance with proxmox and reproduce this.
This happens ONLY to debian 8, every other OS installs and runs just fine.

If I place the virtual disk on Distributed glusterfs volume - there are no
problems with installation nor running.

And this volume configured just the same way

Volume Name: DISTR-4TB-S14A4F-pve
Type: Distribute
Volume ID: 21fa0ee6-d70a-424a-b681-008ce5156c91
Number of Bricks: 2
Transport-type: tcp
Bricks:
Brick1: stor1:/exports/S14A4F-D/2TB
Brick2: stor2:/exports/S14A4F-D/2TB
Options Reconfigured:
network.ping-timeout: 3
server.allow-insecure: on

If I install on local storage everything works fine also.

--
Best regards,
Roman.