[Gluster-users] Choice of distributed FS for my usage.

Cloud Fundoo cloudfundoo at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 03:52:18 UTC 2015

Hi All,

I am evaluating GlusterFS for one of our requirement.

My system is a chassis based system with multiple blade cards, where each
blade card has one, two or more storage disks.

These blades are also compute blades (application runs on the same card).

Users can unconfigure those storage disk, can take out and place in other
chassis (say admin).

Because of this action from admin, we will end up in varying configuration
of gluster configuration, there no fixed gluster configuration for long.

Basically when admin unconfigure/configure disk to system, it will result
in brick addition/removal of bricks from volume.

So my question is can we enable striping on the volume?, from my initial
understanding this is not possible.

Is there any alternate to striping which can be enabled for this
configuration?

Or GlusterFS is suitable for this use case?

Thanks,
Cloudy.