[Gluster-users] Poor Gluster performance

Lars Hanke debian at lhanke.de
Wed Feb 18 22:09:19 UTC 2015

Am 18.02.2015 um 22:05 schrieb Ben Turner:
> [...]

Block size is 50M:

root at gladsheim:/# mount -t glusterfs node2:/test ~/mnt
root at gladsheim:/# dd if=/dev/zero of=~/mnt/testfile.null bs=50M count=10
10+0 records in
10+0 records out
524288000 bytes (524 MB) copied, 46.6079 s, 11.2 MB/s
root at gladsheim:/# dd if=~/mnt/testfile.null of=/dev/null bs=50M count=10
10+0 records in
10+0 records out
524288000 bytes (524 MB) copied, 45.7487 s, 11.5 MB/s

It doesn't depend on whether I use node1 or node2 for the mount.

BTW: does the cut of the bandwidth to half in replicated mode mean that
the client writes to both nodes, i.e. doubles the network load on the
client side network? I hoped that replication would be run on the server
side network.

Regards,
  - lars.