[Gluster-users] increase write performance in gfs 3.5.2

Peter Prusi peter.prusi at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 7 19:41:38 UTC 2015

Hello,

I'm new to glusterfs and I dont understand 'the
performance.write-behind-window-size' option. I'm using glusterfs 3.5.2
and setup a volume over two nodes connected over 1 GbE.
Actually the write performance is about 58 Mb/s. This means glusterfs
writes the data simultaneous on both nodes. I'm trying to increase the
write speed and I thought this option would cache the data
on one node and then distribute to the other. So i could double the
speed. I played around with this option, but it has no effect to the
write speed.
What am I doing wrong or is there another tweak to increase the write
speed ?

Thank you