[Gluster-users] Mounting issue, glusterfs vs mount.glusterfs, locale issue. I RTFM'd, but still a glitch

Nicolas Ecarnot nicolas at ecarnot.net
Mon Feb 2 08:16:21 UTC 2015

Hello,

I eventually took the time to check this out again, and read the thread
noticed below.

Le 27/01/2015 14:51, Jan-Hendrik Zab a écrit :
> Hey,
> is the first command working without setting LC_NUMERIC?

Yes, I even tried to re-set my locale to fr_FR.utf8, and to run the
command without setting LC_NUMERIC, and it is still working :
/usr/sbin/glusterfs --volfile-id=glvol00 --volfile-server=serv-gl-adm1 /mnt

> Can you check if your problem might be related to the reported issue in
> the "[Gluster-users] Mount failed" mailing list thread?

Reading this thread, I saw I was in the exact same situation : Oracle
Linux 7, trying to mount with the basic mount.glusterfs script.

I saw the BZ.

I manually added a one second sleep before the stat command, and it is
now working whatever my tests : any command, automated in fstab after a
reboot...

I don't get why Oracle Linux is acting differently?

--
Nicolas Ecarnot

--
Nicolas Ecarnot