[Gluster-users] some glitches, directories unreadable intermittently

cooperclauson at orora.com cooperclauson at orora.com
Tue Dec 29 19:07:03 UTC 2015

Hi,

I recently made a change to my organization's infrastructure so that it
relies on glusterfs, however, we are encountering some glitches.

Users mount the shared filesystems with nfs mount, but the glitch is
that sometimes directories are not readable.

In a typical case, an executable from the gluster filesystem will be on
the path, the user will type the name of the executable, and will get
"command not found."  If the user tries to "ls" the directory, they will
get "directory unreadable."  However, if they "ls" a directory closer to
the root of the hierarchy a few times, then the original directory will
become readable again, and everything will work as one would normally
expect.

Have problems like this occurred before for anyone else?  Are there any
known remedies?

My gluster version is:
glusterfs 3.7.4 built on Sep  1 2015 15:53:53
Repository revision: git://git.gluster.com/glusterfs.git
Copyright (c) 2006-2013 Red Hat, Inc. <http://www.redhat.com/>
GlusterFS comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
It is licensed to you under your choice of the GNU Lesser
General Public License, version 3 or any later version (LGPLv3
or later), or the GNU General Public License, version 2 (GPLv2),
in all cases as published by the Free Software Foundation.

I am using it on Centos 6.

Thanks