[Gluster-users] GlusterFS Object Storage

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Fri Dec 18 16:30:36 UTC 2015

On Fri, Dec 18, 2015 at 12:46:16PM +0100, Gandalf Corvotempesta wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like to test Gluster as Object Storage with APIs
>
> Based on official docs, object storage is done by Swift. Is swift
> really a requirements ? Should I install the whole swift stack with
> keyrings and so on ?

The project that you would use is called SwiftOnFile. The Quick Start
Guide should give you a relatively simple setup:

  https://github.com/openstack/swiftonfile/blob/master/doc/markdown/quick_start_guide.md

> Any plans to integrate an easier approch to object storage without
> swift requirements, something like Ceph with native RadosGW ?

Not that I am aware of.

> I don't like OpenStack, I prefere to not use Swift at all.

If you do not require a full featured object API, you could use the
libgfapi-python bindings (there are Java and Ruby ones too) or the
glusterfs-coreutils for shell scripting:

  https://github.com/gluster/libgfapi-python
  https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs-coreutils

HTH,
Niels