[Gluster-users] Strange file corruption

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 13:39:08 UTC 2015

On 7/12/2015 9:03 PM, Udo Giacomozzi wrote:
> All VMs were running on machine #1 - the two other machines (#2 and
> #3) were *idle*.
> Gluster was fully operating (no healing) when I rebooted machine #2.
> For other reasons I had to reboot machines #2 and #3 a few times, but
> since all VMs were running on machine #1 and nothing on the other
> machines was accessing Gluster files, I was confident that this
> wouldn't disturb Gluster.
> But anyway this means that I rebootet Gluster nodes during a healing
> process.
>
> After a few minutes, Gluster files began showing corruption - up to
> the point that the qcow2 files became unreadable and all VMs stopped
> working.

Udo, it occurs to me that if your VM's were running on #2 & #3 and you
live migrated them to #1 prior to rebooting #2/3, then you would indeed
rapidly get progressive VM corruption.

However it wouldn't be due to the heal process, but rather the live
migration with "performance.stat-prefetch" on. This always leads to
qcow2 files becoming corrupted and unusable.

--
Lindsay Mathieson