[Gluster-users] cluster.min-free-disk is not working in distributed disperse volume

Peter B. pb at das-werkstatt.com
Mon Aug 24 10:44:20 UTC 2015

Dear Susant,

Am Mo, 24.08.2015, 11:27 schrieb Susant Palai:
>   Cluster.min-free-disk controls new file creation on the bricks. If you
> happen to write to the existing files on the brick and that is leading
> to brick getting full, then most probably you should run a rebalance.

I've had a similar issue on our setup a few months ago.

It seems that "gluster.min-free-disk" was only triggering warnings to be
written in the logs that the disks are getting full.
The disks were written so full, that XFS ran out of space of its metadata,
causing the filesystem on the bricks to become unmountable even :(

That's with Gluster v3.4. Maybe in newer versions it prevents data from
being written?

Here's a link to the old thread, if you're interested:
http://www.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2015-March/021341.html

Regards,
Pb