[Gluster-users] Disk space usage

Thibault Godouet tibo92 at godouet.net
Mon Aug 17 10:34:04 UTC 2015

Hi,

Since then I setup geo-replication to a volume composed of a single brick
(no replication, no distribution), which seems to be complete / up to date
(the LAST_SYNCED column in 'gluster volume geo-replication VOLUME SLAVE
status detail' is only a few minutes ago), and interestingly the master
bricks (remember the volume is 1 x 2 = 2) each still uses 89GB (according
to 'df'), whereas the slave uses 61GB (df).

61GB is what I would expect and the same as a 'du -h' on the mounted volume
(as NFS).

For now as you can see my Gluster volume is small, but I want to be sure
all is well before ramping it up.

Why do the master bricks use 50% more space than I would have expected them
to?

Is there a way to find out where why that extra space is used and clear it?

 Thibault.