[Gluster-users] Small files

Matan Safriel dev.matan at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 19:54:22 UTC 2014

Hi,

To what extent, is Gluster a good choice for the "many small files
scenario", as opposed to HDFS? Last I checked, hdfs would consume humongous
memory resources if the cluster has many small files, given its
architecture. There are some hackish solutions on top HDFS for the case of
many small files rather than huge files, but it would be nice to find a
file system that matches that scenario well as is. So I wonder how would
Gluster do when files are typically small.

Thanks!
Matan