[Gluster-users] Glusterfs Iptbale confusion

gauri Desai gauridesai719 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 18:36:50 UTC 2014

Great thanks Joe

Q) And about the second doubt I had , I have 4 GlusterFS servers i am using
1 brick from every server to form a replicated distributed storage with 4
bricks (one from every server) and mounting it on the client . So in this
case on my server should I keep ports 49152-49153 open (as I am using one
brick from every server to form the storage) or should i keep 49152-49155
open on the server as my final storage that i mount on the client has 4
bricks in all(one from every server),

The Glusterfs document states it should be 49152+(number of bricks across
all volumes) I am finding it difficult to understand this.

Thanks,
Gauri