[Gluster-users] Optimizing Gluster (gfapi) for high IOPS

Vijay Bellur vbellur at redhat.com
Sat Mar 22 17:36:09 UTC 2014

On 03/21/2014 09:50 PM, Josh Boon wrote:
> Hardware RAID 5 on SSD's using LVM formatted with XFS default options
> mounted with noatime
>
> Also I don't a lot of history for this current troubled machine but the
> sysctl additions don't appear to have made a significant difference

Performance tunables in [1] are normally recommended for qemu -
libgfapi. The last two options are related to quorum and the remaining
tunables are related to performance. It might be worth a check to see if
these options help provide better performance.

Do you happen to know if self-healing was in progress when the machines
stall?

-Vijay

[1]
https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/blob/master/extras/group-virt.example