[Gluster-users] NFS and file locking (sqlite in particular)

Iain Buchanan iainbuc at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 08:58:19 UTC 2014

Hi,

I'm using GlusterFS 3.4.1 from the semiosis repo and I'm having trouble with file locking (I think).  I've set up two VMs with a replicated volume and I'm trying to run home directories on an NFS mount from Gluster.  There are a few applications that have problems with this - in particular, anything that uses sqlite.

I get the impression this is a known issue - there's what seems to be a workaround here:
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/users/2011-August/403350.html

I've tried modifying the config files in /etc/glusterd/vols/<volname>, finding that posix was mentioned in the two per-brick config files.  I inserted a new block in the chain that refers to "features/posix-locks".  This doesn't seem to work though.

Has anyone managed to get applications that use sqlite working on a Gluster volume?

Iain