[Gluster-users] Should hardware raid vendor tools be turned off?

Khoi Mai KHOIMAI at UP.COM
Sat Feb 22 14:51:45 UTC 2014

As of recently I've been getting alot of split brain scenarios in my 4
distri-replic. brick gluster environment.

>From the system logs I glanced over and saw this message regarding the
vendor's raid feature.

[root at omhq1b4f ~]# grep -i patrol /var/log/messages
Feb 21 07:05:07 omhq1b4f Server Administrator: Storage Service EventID:
2242  The Patrol Read has started.:  Controller 0 (PERC H710 Mini)
Feb 21 15:57:19 omhq1b4f Server Administrator: Storage Service EventID:
2243  The Patrol Read has stopped.:  Controller 0 (PERC H710 Mini)Server
Adminis
trator: Storage Service EventID: 2243  The Patrol Read has stopped.:
Controller 0 (PERC H710 Mini)

Is the community consensus to turn off all vendor raid feature added
tools?

Khoi Mai
Union Pacific Railroad
Distributed Engineering & Architecture
Project Engineer

**

This email and any attachments may contain information that is confidential and/or privileged for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any use, review, disclosure, copying, distribution or reliance by others, and any forwarding of this email or its contents, without the express permission of the sender is strictly prohibited by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately, delete the e-mail and destroy all copies.
**