[Gluster-users] Message: 4 Split-brain

Khoi Mai KHOIMAI at UP.COM
Fri Feb 21 16:54:13 UTC 2014

http://joejulian.name/blog/fixing-split-brain-with-glusterfs-33/

I spent 2 hours trying to work down my 4 node gluster split brain.

Above is a doc, I found helpful fro Joe Julian, and he's also very helpful
on irc #gluster room.  Not sure if you have access to redhat but this pdf
is helpful too
https://access.redhat.com/site/sites/default/files/attachments/rhstorage_split-brain_20131120_0.pdf

I haven't came up with a clever way to script how to proceed yet b/c I'm
still building my understanding on it.  Comes down to gfid and which one
is not following suit with the cluster, then delete it and its
corresponding link.

Cannot document all my steps on here, so come join the irc #gluster room.

Khoi Mai
Union Pacific Railroad
Distributed Engineering & Architecture
Project Engineer

**

This email and any attachments may contain information that is confidential and/or privileged for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any use, review, disclosure, copying, distribution or reliance by others, and any forwarding of this email or its contents, without the express permission of the sender is strictly prohibited by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately, delete the e-mail and destroy all copies.
**