[Gluster-users] gluster on VM and RDBMS

Jay Vyas jayunit100 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 16:20:54 UTC 2014

-I think you will run into the fact that tables are blocks on disk.  I have
no idea how gluster would handle a table bigger than a brick? Probably it
means all your reads will be non-local unless you happen to be on the
server that has the brick for the file.

-But then again, with a clever slave configuration, maybe there is a way to
leverage gluster for durability as well as the local file system for other
tasks?

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 8:47 AM, Targino Silveira <targinosilveira at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi Suvendu,
>
> I have used Gluster to store old data in PostgreSQL database, the access
> for this data was very good, but was old data, the recent data was store in
> SAS Disk because permance.
>
> Regards,
>
> Targino Silveira
> +55-85-8626-7297
> www.twitter.com/targinosilveira

>> Hi,
>> We are planning to run glusterfs on openstack based VM cluster, I
>> understood that gluster replication is based on file level. What is the
>> drawback of running RDBMS on gluster
>>
>> --
>> Suvendu Mitra
>> GSM - +358504821066