[Gluster-users] Replica self-heal issue (gluster 3.4.2)

Jia-Hao Chen cjhecm at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 14:17:19 UTC 2014

Dear all,

I create a replicated volume with 2 nodes.
And I make a directory and create a few files in it.

[/mnt/gluster] # mkdir dir1
[/mnt/gluster] # echo 123 >> dir1/a
[/mnt/gluster] # echo 123 >> dir1/b
[/mnt/gluster] # echo 123 >> dir1/c

Then I bring down node 2 and rename dir1 to dir2

[/mnt/gluster] # mv dir1 dir2

After bring back node 2, dir1 reappear

[/mnt/gluster] # ls -l
drwxr-x---    2 harry    harry      4096 Apr 16 11:30 dir1/
drwxr-x---    2 harry    harry      4096 Apr 16 11:30 dir2/

It surprised me. But it makes sense since dir1 is still on node 2.
When node 2 come back, dir1 is healed on another node.
However when I list both dir1 and dir2, the file list is empty.

[/mnt/gluster] # ls -l dir1
[/mnt/gluster] # ls -l dir2
[/mnt/gluster] #

It seems a bug to me.
What is the expected result of this case?

Best regards,
Chen, Chia-Hao