[Gluster-users] Gluster + Cinder

Maciej Gałkiewicz macias at shellycloud.com
Fri Sep 27 05:50:03 UTC 2013

On 27 September 2013 02:12, Derek Yarnell <derek at umiacs.umd.edu> wrote:
> So I can get Cinder and Gluster integrated enough to be able to create
> volumes, delete volumes etc.  My understanding is that from the
> cinder-volume node it will take that volume and export it to the
> instance via iSCSI using the tgtd daemons.  The thing is that when I
> attach the volume I get a local libvirt error below[1].  It seems that
> libvirt is trying to attach a locally mounted volume file.  This is not
> what I expected and I was wondering if anyone has done this integration
> that might share some insights.

iSCSI is not used at all. All compute nodes mount glusterfs volume
where all cinder volumes are stored and export them to VMs as regular
files. This article should clear things up a little bit:
https://shellycloud.com/blog/2013/09/why-glusterfs-should-not-be-implemented-with-openstack

Notice that you are using Havana and the blog post is describing
situation in Grizzly with some insights in Havana.

regards
--
Maciej Gałkiewicz
Shelly Cloud Sp. z o. o., Sysadmin