[Gluster-users] NFS crashes on Gluster 3.4.0

Maik Kulbe info at linux-web-development.de
Wed Sep 25 19:44:33 UTC 2013

-----Original Mail-----
From: Justin Clift [jclift at redhat.com]
Sent: 25.09.13 - 15:16:54
To: Maik Kulbe [info at linux-web-development.de]
Cc: gluster-users at gluster.org
Subject: Re: [Gluster-users] NFS crashes on Gluster 3.4.0

> On Tue, 24 Sep 2013 14:20:02 +0200
> "Maik Kulbe"  wrote:
>
> > Is there anything we could do to prevent this or at least something to
> find the cause of this? At the moment we have the ugly workaround to
> check the NFS status via cron and restart the server if necessary but
> that's nothing we find suitable for larger deployments..
>
> As mentioned by Vijay and Santosh, the fix for this has
> been added to the Git repository, and will be in the next
> 3.4.x release of Gluster.
>
> Which OS are you using?  If it's something rpm based
> (RHEL/CentOS/Fedora), building your own RPMs from git
> source is very easy:
>

> http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/CompilingRPMS
>
> You would build from the "release-3.4" branch, with the
> resulting RPMs being drop in replacements for the existing
> ones.
>
> Does that help?

Sadly this won't help, but thanks for your effort. We use the Ubuntu repository for Gluster, so sadly this is no option. Also I don't think I'd be too happy with Packages built from Git on a production system. And neither would my boss. ;)

So I guess we'll have to wait until the next 3.4.0 release. From your experience, what would your estimates be when the next release would come out?