[Gluster-users] GlusterFS server/client within LXC

Florian Engelmann florian.engelmann at everyware.ch
Tue Oct 29 16:32:18 UTC 2013

Hello,

currently we're doing a redesign of one of our web platforms. At the
moment the webcontent is stored on a NFS share and rsync is used to sync
data to a manual failover server (sucks). The new platform will be LXC
based. I tested GlusterFS server and client (3.4.1) within a LXC
container on ext4 without any problem. Do you think it is a bad idea to
do so? Will there be any major problems? Is ext4 still a problem?

Performance is very good and data seems to be consistent. Go or no-go?

Regards,
Florian