[Gluster-users] Log files to monitor ?????

M S Vishwanath Bhat vbhat at redhat.com
Fri Jun 28 12:16:46 UTC 2013

On 27/06/13 14:17, Bobby Jacob wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Once the glusterFS is setup and running, which are all the actual log
> files to monitor in them.
>
> 1)/var/log/glusterfs/glustershd.log
>
> 2)/var/log/glusterfs/nfs.log
>
> 3)/var/log/glusterfs/bricks/<brick.log>
>
> 4)Client Server :
>
> a./var/log/glusterFS/<mountpoint>.log
>
> b./var/log/glusterFS/<mountpoint>*-*.log
>
> Among the above mentioned logs, can anyone give a clear idea as to
> which we have to track and please mention any other logs if I've
> missed out.

There is one more.
5. glusterd log file.  -- /var/log/glusterfs/*.glusterd.vol.log

If something goes wrong while self healing then you should look at
glustershd logs.
If you have mounted gluster volume via nfs then nfs.log is the log file
to moniter.
gluster mount log (mountpoint.log) is where the client process will log.
So this is the place to look for anything related to I/O.
Each glusterfsd (brick processes) will log in brick.log. So this might
be one more place to look at when you're doing I/O or when something
unexpected happens with glusterfsd process.
For anything related to glusterd (management daemon) you should look at
glusterd logs. If any of the gluster CLI command return failure, this is
the file to look at.

Best Regards,
Vishwanath