[Gluster-users] Ext4 compatibility

Kaleb S. KEITHLEY kkeithle at redhat.com
Mon Jul 1 13:57:33 UTC 2013

On 07/01/2013 09:48 AM, Kushnir, Michael (NIH/NLM/LHC) [C] wrote:
> I've run across several users on IRC and the mailing list using GlusterFS with Ext4.
>
> Is Ext4 compatibility fixed in 3.3.1-15 kkeithley RPMS, or are these users using a different version of GlusterFS?

No, the fix isn't in the 3.3.1-x community RPMs. The fix is in 3.4.0
(currently in beta) and IIRC will be in 3.3.2 when that's released.

People using ext4 are using glusterfs on systems with kernels before
2.6.32-267 or 3.2.9. For more info see
http://joejulian.name/blog/glusterfs-bit-by-ext4-structure-change/

--

Kaleb