[Gluster-users] Question regarding write performance issues

Ayelet Shemesh shemesh.ayelet at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 11:32:45 UTC 2013

First - thanks for taking the time and providing the reply.

Due to a bad flu I was unable to verify till now but now saw we use fstream
in our apps, to write the files. Assumed the buffer was large, but never
tested it.

We have increased the fstream buffer to 100MB and will check if this helps
(this specific test can only be scheduled for later as the cluster is busy).

A related question:
I was wondering if there is any "magic number" as to number of files per
directory in Gluster volumes.
Some of my directories contain an order of 10^5 files and I'm begininng to
suspect this too (when I worked in local FS I didn't see a noticable
degradation, though).

Thanks again!
Ayelet