[Gluster-users] GlusterFS was removed from Fedora EPEL

Kaleb S. KEITHLEY kkeithle at redhat.com
Wed Dec 4 13:41:49 UTC 2013

On 12/04/2013 08:22 AM, Paul Simpson wrote:

> I was thinking to upgrade to 3.4.x in the next month or so. I'd like to
> understand more - how many people are actually using 3.4.1? Can anyone
> (users) or from gluster/redhat chime in here - would be reassuring to
> hear that the latest version is also the greatest..

Well, obviously we here at Red Hat do think that 3.4.1 is the best
version to use; second perhaps only to RHS. ;-)

(BTW, GlusterFS 3.4.2 will be out in a week or two. That'll be even better.)

Since the beginning of November — as far back as our httpd logs go —
there have been over 1.3M downloads of glusterfs 3.4.1 files from
download.gluster.org. I don't put too much stock in that number though
because on Debian/Ubuntu glusterfs is comprised of four .debs, and on
Fedora/EPEL it's comprised of twelve RPMs. Plus there are the repo files
too. And since glusterfs 3.4.1 is in Fedora 18-20 we have no visibility
into how many installs there are from Fedora and all its mirrors.

--

Kaleb