[Gluster-users] "Incorrect brick" errors

Toby Corkindale toby.corkindale at strategicdata.com.au
Thu Aug 8 04:49:45 UTC 2013

On 08/08/13 13:09, Krishnan Parthasarathi wrote:
> Hi Toby,

Well, it's a bit of a moot point now, since we had to rebuild the
cluster anyway.

Note that we attempted to raise the replica level to 3 and THEN remove
the old brick, and that failed to work. We also tried using
replace-brick to switch the old one out for the new one. That also
failed with Incorrect Brick. (the replace-brick method was actually the
first way we tried)

As such -- it seems there is no way to replace a failed server with a
new one if you're using the Replicated setup?

Toby