[Gluster-users] Community office hours today

Joe Julian joe at julianfamily.org
Sat Oct 20 00:03:39 UTC 2012

On 10/19/2012 02:02 PM, Frank Carmickle wrote:
> I'd like to see you discuss a situation where a cluster will not accept more members.  This is with the 3.3 branch.
>
> Thanks
> --FC
The problem with a specific support question instead of a topic is that
the conversation would go something like:

"Has anybody ever seen it where you can't join a new server to the peer
group in 3.3?"

"Not if there wasn't a firewall in the way, no."

"Okay, next topic."

It's also not very timely since it's only going to be about once a week.

For support, IRC or the email list are much more timely and interactive
methods that can actually help you solve your problem (if it's Gluster
related).

I think JMW was asking for something more generalized, like might be
asked of a panel. Something where there might be differing opinions or
ways of doing something.