[Gluster-users] Replication Issue

snmpget at gmail.com snmpget at gmail.com
Wed May 9 08:41:15 UTC 2012

Hi Glusterfs Users!

I have got one replicated volume with two bricks:

s1 ~ # gluster volume info

Volume Name: data-ns
Type: Replicate
Number of Bricks: 2
Transport-type: tcp
Bricks:
Brick1: s1:/mnt/gluster/data-ns
Brick2: s2:/mnt/gluster/data-ns
Options Reconfigured:
performance.cache-refresh-timeout: 1
performance.io-thread-count: 32
auth.allow: 10.*
performance.cache-size: 1073741824

There are 5 clients which have got mounted volume from s1 server.

We've face a hardware failure on s2  box for about one week. During that
time the s2 box was down.
All read writes operations went to s1.
Now I would like to synchronize all files on s2 which is operable. I have
started Glusterfs Server and
executed self healing process("find  with stat"on the glusterfs mount from
s2 box).
During the replication process I have faced very strange behaviour of
Glusterfs.
Some of clients have tried to get lots of files from s2 server, but those
files did not exist or have got 0 bytes size.

It caused lots of "disk wait" on the web servers (clients which have got
mounted volume from s1) and finally 503 http response had been sent.

My question is, how to avoid serving files from s2 box until all files
would be replicated correctly from s1 server?

I have installed Glusters 3.2.6-1 from Debian repository.

Thank you a lot in advance,
Jimmy,