[Gluster-users] File renamed, but I get "overwrite?" prompt when I try to rename it back again to the original name

Sabyasachi Ruj ruj.sabya at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 13:26:14 UTC 2012

So here is the situation (this is not reproducible every time, but I
got it twice).

directory "sqlite3.org" has already been renamed from client2.
executing these commands from client1 gives this output:

    # stat sqlite.org
    stat: cannot stat `sqlite.org': No such file or directory

This proves that there is no sqlite.org. But when I execute the following:

    # mv sqlite.org1 sqlite.org
    mv: overwrite `sqlite.org'?

Any idea, why does it prompt me to overwrite sqlite.org when there is
no such directory?

--
Sabyasachi