[Gluster-users] how well will this work

Miles Fidelman mfidelman at meetinghouse.net
Thu Dec 27 23:47:29 UTC 2012

John Mark Walker wrote:
> In general, I don't recommend any distributed filesystems for VM images, but I can also see that this is the wave of the future.
Ok.  I can see that.

Let's say that I take a slightly looser approach to high-availability:
- keep the static parts of my installs on local disk
- share and replicate dynamic data using gluster
- failover by rebooting on a different node (no image to worry about
migrating)

In this scenario, how well does gluster work when:
- storage and processing are inter-mixed on the same nodes
- data is triply replicated (allow for 2-node failures)

Miles Fidelman