[Gluster-users] 2 Nodes Replica, Locks

Erik Schwalbe erik.schwalbe at canoo.com
Sat Oct 29 14:37:01 UTC 2011

Hi Lisandro,

Yes I have the same problems like you, as you can see here:

http://gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2011-October/009030.html

I used Ubuntu 10.04.3 for the performance tests.
Now I use Ubuntu 11.10 and it's a little bit better than the old Ubuntu.
With bonnie++ you can see the problem:

http://erik.instructive.de/result_zfs.html

My setup is:
-AMD Opteron Quad Core 2.2GHz
-16GB RAM
-12x WD 2TB HDD @ 7200rpm
-10Gbit link between the servers
zfs mount to /data.
GlusterFS on top of zfs.
During a dd test to the local glusterfs mount the system is very unresponsive. The CPU load for glusterd process is over 150%. CPU load of glusterfs process is only a little bit lower (120-130%).
But this isn't a ubuntu problem. I saw the same behaviour during test with glusterfs (debian) and glusterfs (CentOS).

Perheps the CPU is too slow ;-)

Regards,
Erik