[Gluster-users] Using Samba and MSOffice files

Daniel Müller mueller at tropenklinik.de
Mon Nov 7 11:20:07 UTC 2011

You need to do some tricks to get msoffice files with glusterfs and samba
working.
In your samba share definition:

[example]
path = /your/path/to share
 posix locking =NO  <--- important setting
readonly=no
valid users =@yourgroup
directory mask=2770  <--set sticky bit for your group
        force directory mode=2770
        create mask = 2770
        force create mode=2770
        force security mode=2770