[Gluster-users] Stripe+Replicate not high available?

Christian Wittwer wittwerch at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 08:26:07 UTC 2011

Hi guys,
I'm trying out the gluster 3.3 beta2 on Ubuntu. I have the following setup.

Volume Name: glustervmstore
Type: Striped-Replicate (RAID 01)
Number of Bricks: 2 x 2 = 4
Transport-type: tcp
Bricks:
Brick1: my-dev-os-compute1:/vmstore
Brick2: my-dev-os-compute2:/vmstore
Brick3: my-dev-os-compute3:/vmstore
Brick4: my-dev-os-compute4:/vmstore

I'm mounting the volume with fstab on my-dev-os-compute2 like this:

my-dev-os-compute1:/glustervmstore    /var/lib/nova/instances
glusterfs       defaults        0       1

Now I reboot the my-dev-os-compute1 and the mountpoint on
my-dev-os-compute2 breaks!

root at my-dev-os-compute2:/var/lib/nova/instances# ls
ls: reading directory .: Transport endpoint is not connected

I always tough that it just fetches the vol file from the node I have
to specifie in the fstab?
If I reboot any other host (brick) the volume stays online.

Cheers,
Christian