[Gluster-users] gluster 3.2.0 - totally broken?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Wed May 18 17:04:32 UTC 2011

On 18.05.2011 18:56, Anthony J. Biacco wrote:
> I’m using it in real-world production, lot of small files (apache
> webroot mounts mostly). I’ve seen a bunch of split-brain and self-heal
> failing when I first did the switch. After I removed and recreated the
> dirs it seemed to be fine for about a week now; yeah not long, I know.
>
> I 2^nd the notion that it’d be nice to see a list of what files/dirs
> gluster thinks is out of sync or can’t heal. Right now you gotta go
> diving into the logs.
>
> I’m actually thinking of downgrading to 3.1.3 from 3.2.0. Wonder if I’d
> have any ill-effects on the volume with a simple rpm downgrade and
> daemon restart.

I've been using 3.2.0 for a while, but I had a problem with userspace
programs "hanging" on accessing some files on the gluster mount
(described here on the list).

I downgraded to 3.1.4 (remove 3.2.0 rpm and config, install 3.1.4 rpm,
add nodes) and it works fine for me.

3.0.x was also crashing for me when SSHFS-like mount was used to the
server with gluster mount (and reads/writes were made from the gluster
mount through it).

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org