[Gluster-users] strange behavior with glusterfs 3.2.0

Whit Blauvelt whit.gluster at transpect.com
Fri May 6 00:54:18 UTC 2011

On Thu, May 05, 2011 at 05:26:21PM -0700, Mohit Anchlia wrote:
> What exactly is stat-prefetch and how does it help?

It's directory caching, so it can make "ls -l" results appear faster for
instance. There is a comparative lag with that the first time into a
directory if it's turned off.

It's recognized to have a "minor known issue" here:

http://europe.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Gluster_3.2_Release_Notes:_Known_Issues

But what the issue is isn't specified.

I find that "gluster volume <vol> set stat-prefetch off" can turn it off on
a running volume. Not that I've seen a problem with it on, but my Gluster
experience is slight.

Whit