[Gluster-users] ESXi & Gluster setup options

Krishna Srinivas krishna at gluster.com
Wed May 4 10:00:59 UTC 2011

Troy,

Yes it would work, you can setup 4 servers in a distributed replicated
setup acting as NFS data store for VMWare. If any one of the storage
node goes down it will not be seen by the ESX hosts. Many users use
this type of config for storage HA for NFS datastores.

You can use SATA or SAS.

Since you are using 10gb performance should not be a problem. Backend
disks would be the bottleneck and hence you should experiment with a
good raid setup to get maximum backend disk throughput.