[Gluster-users] Why does glusterfs has nfs stuff on the server

Amar Tumballi amar at gluster.com
Tue Mar 22 05:40:25 UTC 2011

Mohit,

GlusterFS supports native NFS server protocol, hence you can use the clients
to connect to a glusterfs server using NFS mount too,

If you are mounting using below command.

bash# mount -t glusterfs somehost:/volume /mount/point

you can also mount it in nfs like below:

bash# mount -t nfs somehost:/volume /mount/point

Thats the reason why you are seeing the nfs with glusterfs.. and we think
the name is appropriate because that particular process of glusterfs is
serving NFS protocol.

Regards,
Amar