[Gluster-users] Quick question regarding xfs_repair

Terry Haley terry_haley at dfci.harvard.edu
Mon Mar 14 16:50:29 UTC 2011

Hello,

I have recently had an issue with a RAID volume where a few bad logical
sectors were generated and propagated into the XFS filesystem above it. The
XFS file system is 1 of 4 volumes that are residing beneath a Gluster 3.0
distributed cluster config:

volume distribute

    type cluster/distribute

    subvolumes 192.160.200.11-1 192.160.200.11-2 192.160.200.12-1
192.160.200.12-2

end-volume

My question has two parts.

1.       If I perform an xfs_repair will gluster become out of sync with the
filesystem in lieu of repairs?

2.       Can I trust the backups I performed after these issues cropped up
as a result of the distribution of files across the nodes? Ie, a file is
only ¾ complete or would gluster complain and make that file unavailable as
it should?

Thanks.

dispose of the e-mail.